Consciousness, Non-Duality and the Self
This talk was recorded at a friend's house, so it is not studio quality. Nevertheless, since it covers my latest thinking on consciousness, non-duality, the Self and the nature of awakening, I am making it available here trusting that you'll still find it valuable. (40 mins.)
Topics covered include:
- Different meanings of consciousness.
- Consciousness as essence of being aware, whatever the experience.
- The original meaning of non-duality.
- All we ever know are the phenomena appearing in consciousness.
- The Self, the everpresent sense of I that is aware.
- The ego, the body oriented idea of a personal self.
- Letting go of the belief there is somewhere to get to, spiritually.
- Spiritual awakening as awakening from the dream world of the ego-mind.
- Love as the secret sensation of the Self.
Listen here, or download to play off-line.